Saturday, June 23, 2012

RECIPE: Pesto & Goat Cheese Pasta

Surprise! It is not Wednesday, yet here I am to share another wonderful recipe with you. I am currently obsessed with this pasta. It may be my very favorite thing I've made this year! The original recipe came from one of my favorite blogs, but I added a few things to it to make it even better!


PESTO & GOAT CHEESE PASTA (serves 4)
1/2 lb angel hair pasta
2 chicken breasts
8 oz. jar pesto
3.5 oz container crumbled goat cheese
3/4 c sliced baby portobella mushrooms
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1 clove garlic
3/4 c grape tomatoes

Grill your chicken and season however you like. If you don't want to grill the chicken breasts, cook them on the stove top with a little italian seasoning. Set aside. Follow package directions to cook your pasta. In the meantime, sauté mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil or butter on medium heat until onions are tender. How many mushrooms you use is really your preference. I also used a red onion one time instead of a yellow... still tasted delicious.

Slice your grape tomatoes in half lengthwise. Again, how many you use is your preference. Cut your chicken into small pieces or thin strips. Add tomatoes and chicken to pan. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the entire jar of pesto. Stir to combine. Pour in the cheese crumbles and stir until they're melted.

Now, either stir pasta into the pan and combine everything together or divide out pasta and top with pesto mixture. If you love pesto, goat cheese, or good food I think you'll be a fan of this recipe. :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you'll have to let me know if you make it! it is so good and SO easy to make!

      Delete