Friday, May 11, 2012

Things I Love: Ice Cream

I LOVE ice cream. Any time of day, any season, any type, any flavor (within reason). I LOVE IT. My first job was at an ice cream shop. I blame Maggie Moo's! You know that scene in Forrest Gump where Bubba talks about all of the different kinds of shrimp? I could totally do that with ice cream.

There's milkshakes, ice cream on a sugar cone, ice cream on a waffle cone, ice cream in a bowl, ice cream in a waffle bowl, ice cream sundaes, ice cream sandwiches, chocolate ice cream, neapolitan ice cream, pistachio ice cream, dippin' dots ice cream, ice cream cakes, ice cream on a stick......

My go-to ice cream is Haagan Daz's Caramel Cone. My new favorite ice cream is Front Porch's Nana's Banana Pudding ice cream. 


If you're not located in NC, you're a tad bit out of luck. This ice cream comes straight out of Mooresville and is available at Lowes Foods and Food Lion grocery stores across the state. I want to try their Sweetie Tea ice cream, but I find myself not being able to pry my fingers off of the banana pudding flavor long enough to try anything else. On my latest shopping trip I received a coupon for $1 off of two pints. Oh the temptation. Maybe next time I'll pick up the Sweetie Tea. Or the Scarlett Red Velvet. Or the Lemony Sunshine...

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Do you have a favorite way to eat your ice cream? And most importantly... do you group ice cream and frozen yogurt together? If not, then get excited to hear about my completely different frozen yogurt obsession in a future post.

1 comments:

  1. I've got to try this! All the flavors look amazing!

    ReplyDelete