Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Rainy Wedding Day: The Bride

I never understood the appeal of bridal portraits. Why do you need a zillion photos of yourself? That's pretty self absorbed...


...now i totally get it. It is kind of fun to have a ton of gorgeous photos of yourself to choose from to share on your blog, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I even updated my photo on LinkedIn with a bridal shot!

(My dress had pockets... aren't you jealous?)

I bought my wedding dress less than 2 weeks before my wedding. I settled on a vintage looking crocheted dress from Macy's and I am so, so happy with my choice! It looks bridal, but not too over the top for our tiny wedding, it was flattering, it was comfortable, and it looks awesome in the photographs!

5 comments:

  1. these photographs are so beautiful hannah!! the second dress was DEFINITELY an upgrade! you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed. :) thanks grace! hope nyc is treating you well!

      Delete
  2. I definitely love your second dress - it was a perfect choice and your bridal portraits are stunning!!! You know, I'm almost *hoping* for a rainy day - rainy day wedding photos are so gorgeous and not everyone gets them :) I would love pictures of me and my girls in cute gumboots!!!

    Just stunning - can't wait to see more recaps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amanda, thank you so much! i love my dress even more when i look at it compared to the first one. once i saw the forecast calling for a chance of rain i kind of hoped for it, too. i figured if we were going to go to all the trouble to move the wedding inside it had BETTER rain! it would have been nice if it hadn't rained quite as much, but that's ok. if you search for photos of weddings in rainboots, there are so many cute ideas!

      i clicked over to your blog and i really like your list of wedding DIY projects. less than 4 months to go! :)

      Delete
  3. These are beyond stunning! I love love love your dress : )

    ReplyDelete