Wednesday, May 9, 2012

RECIPE: Melting Pot's Gorgonzola Port

I LOVE The Melting Pot. I LOVE fondue. Because The Melting Pot is an expensive chain, I only get to visit on special occasions. Far more often, Brandon and I make cheese fondue at the apartment in the fondue pot my brother got me for my college graduation.

When we do fondue at home, I am always saddened to miss out on the delicious sauces that The Melting Pot serves alongside its entrees. Six sauces pair perfectly with meat and veggies: curry, green goddess, teriyaki glaze, ginger plum, cocktail, and gorgonzola port. The latter, of course, is my favorite. I re-created it at home a couple of weeks ago and though it wasn't quite like the restaurant's, it was still pretty delicious!


MELTING POT'S GORGONZOLA PORT (yields 1 cup)
1/8 c mayonnaise 
1/4 - 1/3 c sour cream
4-5 oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1/8 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 t garlic, minced
1 T port wine

Whisk all ingredients together, then refrigerate. I think this is delicious on everything, but I'm biased. The Melting Pot recommends it on steak and veggies. I also put it on chicken and potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend took me to The Melting Pot for our 2-year anniversary and I was completely impressed! Want to follow each other doll?? Let me know what you think!

    Katie
    Belle De Jour

    ReplyDelete