Wednesday, May 2, 2012

RECIPE: Banana Ice

I don't eat enough fruit. Really, I don't. I buy fresh fruit with the best of intentions, but it usually spoils before I can remember to eat it. Sometimes I'll buy canned fruit and it will sit in my pantry for... years. One nice thing about the summertime heat is that it encourages me to eat some cool, juicy fruit. I found this recipe on Martha Stewart's website and am now completely obsessed with it.


BANANA ICE (serves 4-6)
1/2 c sugar
1.5 c water
3 oranges
3 lemons
8 oz crushed pineapple
3 bananas, cut into small pieces & mashed just a bit

Juice oranges and lemons. In a small saucepan, bring sugar + water to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Transfer to an 8 inch glass dish and mix with all other ingredients. Freeze for at least 3 hours. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving. 

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I'll have to try this with our 90+ heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meghan, it is so good. SO GOOD. you will love it!

    ReplyDelete