Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Silly Little Love Songs

I am getting married ONE MONTH from yesterday. One month! With my wedding heavily on my mind it is no surprise that my music post this week revolves around my absolute favorite love songs and songs that make me think of marrying Brandon.

The O.C. started it all. Jem appeared on the season 1 finale of my favorite television show to perform her cover of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed" at the wedding ceremony of two main characters. I've loved it ever since. Over the next few years I added the Fray's "Look After You" and The Avett Brothers' "Swept Away (Sentimental Version)" to my dream wedding playlist.

My current list of ULTIMATE FAVORITE LOVE SONGS is as follows:

1. "Us Against The World" Coldplay
2. "No One's Gonna Love You" Band of Horses
3. "Come Away With Me" Norah Jones
4. "Songbird" Rosie Thomas (Fleetwood Mac cover)
5. "The Luckiest" Ben Folds
6. "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" Death Cab For Cutie
7. "Be Mine" David Gray
8. "Love You 'Til The End" The Pogues (can't find the original of this on YouTube to save my life!)
9. "Desire" Ryan Adams
10. "A Thousand Years" Christina Perri
11. "Come What May" Ewan McGregor + Nicole Kidman
12. "Love and Some Verses" Iron & Wine
13. "Where the West Wind Blows" Green River Ordinance
14. "God Gave Me You" Michael Henry + Justin Robinett (Dave Barnes cover)
15. "Now That I've Found You" Paul McDonald + Nikki Reed (wrote about this recently)

I also incorporated lyrics from "Murder in the City" by The Avett Brothers and "Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons into our wedding stationary, so they're special to me as well. Why choose a song about murder, you say? "Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name."



0 comments:

Post a Comment