Wednesday, April 25, 2012

RECIPE: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells

I never used to like 'hot' foods... even a little spice terrified me. I couldn't even handle mild sauce on my wings. I could only stand honey bbq or some equally not-hot-in-the-slightest sauce. Ever since I made Buffalo Chicken Dip last April, I've been steadily growing more tolerant of hot things. Dare I say that I even enjoy them now?

I found a recipe for buffalo chicken stuffed shells on Pinterest (where else?!) and thought it might be something fun to try out! Brandon loved them and I thought they were pretty good. Give these a try and tell me what you think!


BUFFALO CHICKEN STUFFED SHELLS (serves 4)
16-20 large pasta shells
2 T olive oil
1 lb ground chicken
1/4 t garlic powder
3/4 c celery, diced
1/4 c + additional tablespoons Frank's Red Hot sauce
1/2 c park skim ricotta
1/4 c + 2 T blue cheese crumbles
1/4 c + 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
salt to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta shells as directed. Drain shells and keep in a big bowl of ice water until time to stuff them. (I think the idea here is that the cold water will keep them from rolling up and being difficult to work with.)

Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic powder and celery and cook another 3-4 minutes until celery is tender. Remove pan from heat and stir in sauce, ricotta, 1/4 c blue cheese crumbles, and 1/4 c parsley. Taste and add salt if necessary along with additional hot sauce depending on your heat preference.

Use a spoon to fill each shell and place them in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle tops with remaining blue cheese crumbles and parsley. Bake for 25 minutes or until tips of shells begin to crisp and brown.


0 comments:

Post a Comment