Friday, March 16, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Pasta

It's no secret that I love mexican food. All day all the time.... Can't. Get. Enough. I'm already craving mexican food and I haven't even written the post yet! ah! I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?) and tried it out over the weekend.

EDITED 4/18/2013: I wasn't very happy with this initial recipe and knew it was something I wanted to try again. It took me over a year to come back to it, but I revised the ingredients and made it again and I promise it's even better now. :) Edits are noted below!


CHEESY CHICKEN ENCHILADA PASTA (serves 7-8)
1 lb bow tie pasta
2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
1 can cream of chicken mushroom soup
16 oz container sour cream
4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 can yellow corn, drained
1 small can sliced olives
3 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 c shredded mexican blend cheese

8 oz can tomato sauce
1/3 c water
1 t chili powder
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t cumin
1 clove garlic, minced

Cook pasta as directed. While pasta cooks, sauté onions in olive oil or margarine until soft. Mix soup, sour cream, chiles, onion, and 1 c sharp cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Fold in pasta and chicken. Pour into large glass casserole dish.

In a small saucepan, mix together the last 6 ingredients and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally and cook for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend. Pour over the pasta. Top entire dish with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese on top begins to brown.

NOTE: I'm also guest blogging for my friend Grace today. For my thoughts about St. Patrick's Day weekend, check out her blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment