Saturday, February 18, 2012

we can burn brighter than the sun


do you remember your life this time last year? what about the year before? what about 6 or 7 years before? for the first time in my life i feel old. i know that 23 is not really old, but lately i've been called to reminisce on my high school years and truth be told: i really miss it sometimes.

my life in high school was wonderful: i made friends who are still my best friends today. i lived in a dorm at the age of 14. i traveled to europe 3 times. i loved scooping ice cream at maggie moo's. i loved scanning groceries at lowes foods. i went to prom. my family was happy. we moved to davie county. key club was a lot of fun. i did silly teenage girl things. i blogged about silly teenage girl things. i drove my mom's mini van. i was surprised with a brand new car. i sang in glee club. i sang in royal albert hall with glee club. i met my birthmother. my youth group at church was the best. i loved rascal flatts. my school was awesome. i got my first cell phone. i had sleepovers with my friends almost every weekend. i was the editor of my yearbook. i thought vera bradley purses were the coolest accessory ever.

{with jennifer, setting up for junior prom, 2005}

i love my life now, but sometimes i think if i had the chance to go back and do those years again i might. am i the only person who feels this way?

lately i can't get this song out of my head. it makes me want to stay young forever. it also makes me want to drive really fast and sing it at the top of my lungs (which i did for 30 straight minutes today).

{original version of this song by fun. ft/ janelle monรกe is great, too!}

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen that picture before. Where did you find it? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was in a photo album i had from high school! i don't even remember who took the picture. when i took it out of the album there was a picture behind it of you doing a handstand! random! :)

      Delete