Sunday, January 8, 2012

RECIPE: Honey Beer Bread

After I finished preparing my beef stew the other day, I still had a good amount of Guinness left over. I decided to test a simple bread recipe I found online that uses beer as an ingredient! This bread is super easy to make and has a very unique flavor. It's great served slightly warmed with a butter or margarine spread.


HONEY BEER BREAD (makes 1 loaf)
3 c flour
1 T baking powder
2 T sugar
1 t salt
2 T honey
12 oz beer (I used Guinness. I don't know how this would taste with a lighter beer.)
1/4 c unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large loaf pan. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in the beer and honey. Pour half the melted butter in the loaf pan. Spoon batter into pan and top with the remaining butter, making sure to pour it evenly over the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment