Thursday, December 1, 2011

RECIPE: Cheddar Cheese Ball

I knew that I wanted to make a cheese ball for my Thanksgiving dinner, but wasn't sure where to find the best recipe. When in doubt, I figured it might be wise to turn to Martha Stewart. She is, after all, the most fabulous party host on the planet. The original recipe is here. I only changed one thing.


CHEESE BALL (serves 8)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 T real crumbled bacon bits
1/2 T dijon mustard
1/2 t worcestershire sauce
ground pepper
1/2 c finely chopped pecans

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese with cheddar, bacon, mustard, worcestershire, and a generous pinch of pepper until well combined. Mix in 1/8 c pecans. Cover and refrigerate mixture at least 2.5 hours (I left mine overnight). Take out of fridge and shape into a ball. Spread remaining pecans on a plate and roll ball to coat the outside. Serve chilled.


3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Love Martha Stewart too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aand you have a cute ikea plate to serve it on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. still deciding if that ikea plate was worth $5. but it sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete