Tuesday, November 22, 2011

RECIPE: Chicken Chili

I liked my original chili recipe so much that I knew I wanted to find an equally delicious one for a white bean/chicken based chili. Not everyone loves red meat! This recipe initially came from a magazine (Better Homes & Gardens maybe?) and I edited it a bit, like I always do. It is so good. Can't wait to make it again!


CHICKEN CHILI (serves 6)
2 cups chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 T olive oil
7 oz can diced green chiles (find this near the taco kits in the grocery store)
1 t chili powder
1 t oregano
1/8 t cayenne pepper
2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
1 15 oz. can great northern beans, drained & rinsed
1 15 oz. can white corn, drained
2 15 oz. cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
4-5 c cooked & shredded chicken
2 c shredded pepper jack cheese

Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Cook onions and garlic for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often, until tender. Stir in chiles, chili powder, oregano, and cayenne; cook 1 minute. Add all beans, corn, and broth to pot. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook for another 10 minutes or until heated through. Add 1.5 c of cheese a little at a time until melted. I serve mine with the remaining shredded cheese as a topper, along with sour cream and bread on the side.


0 comments:

Post a Comment