Monday, May 2, 2011

college reflection

{october 2006}

last wednesday was my last day of undergraduate classes at appalachian. it’s been a LONG 10 semesters (+ summer school for two summers) to get to this point. my dad asked me if i could remember the very first class i attended here in august 2006. i remembered instantly [8 am intro. music theory with dr. hopton-jones], but i was curious to see if i had written about it on my old blog… and i had! i present to you the thoughts of hannah leinbach on august 22, 2006:

“i am in college!! today was the 1st day of class. i really like my music theory class, but i’m wondering how much more boring the sociology professor could possibly get. he talks reallllllllly slow. and he stutters. but @least sara is in class w/ me! :) tomorrow i have english & communication & cultural anthropology. those are gonna be the hard ones. i went to www.ratemyprofessor.com and they all had terrible reviews!! :-0 oh well, we’ll see how it goes.

if you are wondering what my dorm room is like… it’s amazing! go to my friend’s entries page and look @ dianna’s lj to see pictures. by the way- dianna is awesome. a super roommate. we’re gonna have a great year! :)

i got my refund check today from asu. $537.16!!! believe it or not, dad says i get to keep it all. heck yes. but i’m still gonna get a job b/c there isn’t much to do in the afternoons when i’m done w/ classes. i think dianna and i are going to apply for a job @ this little grocery store in the building next to our dorm. we both have plenty of grocery experience!!  

i went home late late sunday night to surprise stephen for his birthday (he’s 12!!). it was a great surprise. mom even cried!! we all went to play putt putt and came back to the house for hot dogs (ick) and cookie cake! daniel even came, but he had to go to work @ 2. :( i miss him. horribly. but he’s coming to visit me tomorrow! :-D <3

well, after starting this entry @ 2 this afternoon i am finally done. time for food. and house. and madagascar.
**hcl

ps) appalachian is fun. i really love it. and i didn’t expect to.”

so many things strike me as funny about this entry:

1 | my atrocious writing style makes me cringe.
2 | my brother was just turning 12. what a baby! i was 18!
3 | i referenced my (ex) boyfriend daniel. cringe again.
4 | that sociology professor really was a drag!
5 | i said i loved appalachian. hahahahahahaha. ha.
now, at the close of my time at appalachian, i have much fewer words: it’s been an interesting experience. some good things, some bad things. now i am content to move on. and i can’t wait.


{april 2011}

0 comments:

Post a Comment