Monday, January 24, 2011

RECIPE: Hot Chicken Salad

What is your favorite dish from your childhood? For me, it is hands down the chicken casserole that we had at family gatherings and that my brother and I always requested for our birthday dinners. The recipe was given to my grandmother by a woman she worked with probably 60 years ago. I wonder if the other woman's grandchildren love it as much as Stephen and I do! It is written in my mom's recipe book as "Hot Chicken Salad," so that is how I'll post it here.


HOT CHICKEN SALAD (serves 4)
2 c cooked chicken, shredded
1 c cooked rice
1 c diced celery
1 c sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 c cashew halves & pieces
1/2 c mayo
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 t soy sauce
croutons, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except croutons together in a glass casserole dish. Top with crushed croutons. Bake for 30 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment